CDM 2015 came into force on April 6th 2015, this included the removal of the CDM Co-ordinator and creation of the Principal Designer. CDM 2015 also places greater responsibilities onto the client in terms of Health and Safety.
SMR Architects have embraced these changes, bringing the skills in house to undertake the Principal Designer role, as well as CDM Client advisory to support clients in discharging their duties.
SMR have suitable processes and a suite of documentation to fully integrate Health and Safety into the design process. SMR holds the CHAS Designers and Principal Designers Accreditations.
Our Services Include:
- Assisting in the development of the initial brief
- Planning, managing and monitoring the co-ordination of the pre-construction phase
- Helping clients identify, obtain and collate pre-construction information
- Providing pre-construction information to designers, principal contractor and contractors
- Co-ordinating significant health and safety issues with the design team through to resolution
- Ensuring that designers co-operate with each other and comply with CDM 2015
- Attending design review meetings
- Liaising with the principal contractor for the duration of our appointment
- Supporting the principal contractor in seeking and obtaining responses to health and safety queries from designers
- Agreeing a format and compiling the statutory health and safety file for formal handover at project completion