Building Information Modelling
SMR Architects strives to be at the forefront of technology adoption and innovation in the Design and Construction industry. Historically, we made a timely transition from drawing board to CAD and are now leading the way in the use and development of Building Information Modelling (BIM) processes. We firmly believe that BIM technology provides a catalyst for positive change in the industry.
Our team has a mature understanding of BIM technologies and managing project data and collaboration forms a key focus in our drive for a more inclusive, integrated and complete design process. SMR utilises BIM on all scales for projects, some BIM projects are selected to fulfil client requirements, others are due to the complexity of the design and our determination to utilise BIM methodologies. We believe BIM is as much about people as it is about technology and processes and our wealth of knowledge allows us to lead and educate our clients and consultant design teams on our projects.
Through the application of BIM technology, we can help clients achieve real commercial results, through improved efficiency, better design, clearer coordination, reduced risk and useable intelligent information. SMR can offer 3 aspects either separately or packaged as part of the larger design program and deliverable: BIM Modelling, BIM Implementation and Delivery, and BIM Information Management, Coordination and Validation.
Our Services Include:
- Modelling and Visualisation
- Client EIR review and report
- Supply chain BIM capability assessment and report
- Design and development of the BIM Execution Plan as a response to the EIR
- Common Data Environment setup, management and maintenance
- Initiate, agree and implement the project information plan and asset information plan
- Setup, management and reporting of the collaboration, exchange and project team processes.
- Model checking, QA and reporting from the design team
- Model federation for the Project Information model
- Clash detection and reporting of the PIM and assignment of resolution
- Validation of model integrity